[c-nsp] MLPPP

Jason Berenson jason at pins.net
Thu Mar 26 10:30:08 EDT 2009

Rodney,

It's running: 12.4(18a).  I had to downgrade from the latest about 6
months ago because of a bug where 'show policy' would show no output
even if QoS was working properly.

router#show int mul2 stat
Multilink2
          Switching path    Pkts In   Chars In   Pkts Out  Chars Out
               Processor          0          0          0          0
             Route cache      18049    3982931      25553   14234069
                   Total      18049    3982931      25553   14234069
router#show int mul2 stat
Multilink2
          Switching path    Pkts In   Chars In   Pkts Out  Chars Out
               Processor          0          0          0          0
             Route cache      18601    4110973      26553   14682852
                   Total      18601    4110973      26553   14682852

fonseca#show cef in mul 2
Multilink2 is up (if_number 132)
  Corresponding hwidb fast_if_number 132
  Corresponding hwidb firstsw->if_number 132
  Internet address is 10.3.4.229/30
  ICMP redirects are always sent
  Per packet load-sharing is disabled
  IP unicast RPF check is disabled
  Inbound access list is not set
  Outbound access list is not set
  Interface is marked as point to point interface
  Hardware idb is Multilink2
  Fast switching type 7, interface type 105
  IP CEF switching enabled
  IP CEF VPN Feature Fast switching turbo vector
  IP Null turbo vector
  VPN Forwarding table "nypirg"
  Input fast flags 0x1000, Input fast flags2 0x0, Output fast flags
0x4000, Output fast flags2 0x0
  ifindex 127(127)
  Slot -1 Slot unit 2 Unit 2 VC -1
  Transmit limit accumulator 0x0 (0x0)
  IP MTU 1500

Does that mean that there's no processor switching going on there?  Why
would a VRF make any difference to the MLPPP?  I see the same outputs
for a non VRF'd MLPPP.

-Jason