[c-nsp] Modifying eBGP routes prior to exporting

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 05:15:40 EDT 2009

I'm not sure if I got your question right, but we do the following:

neighbor xx.yy.41.93 route-map NBR-UP2-IN in

route-map NBR-UP2-IN permit 10
 match as-path 52
 set local-preference 100
 set community aaa:5000 aaa:5600
!
route-map NBR-UP2-IN permit 20
 set local-preference 90
 set community aaa:5000 aaa:5600

and it does work on all of the iBGP peers - every prefix that is
selected as 'best path' has the community denoting where it came from.
As long as you have send-community on the iBGP session that should
work. If you do 'sh ip bgp' for a prefix learnt from one of the peers
- can you see the communities set by the route-map?

kind regards
Pshem