[c-nsp] 10GE card for 7609

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Mar 30 06:13:51 EDT 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 05:41:12 pm Mark Tech wrote:

> I have a prospect for a 10G upstream customer and
> Upstream ISP connections. I would need to connect these
> into our 7609s running RSP 720-3CXL's, at the moment I
> have found that the WS-X6704-10GE card may be suitable.

We typically order our WS-X67xx-based 10Gbps line cards like
so, for a complete set:

* WS-X6704-10GE
* WS-F6700-DFC3CXL
* XENPAK-10GB-SR (depends on your distance needs)
* MEM-XCEF720-1GB (part of this bundle)

Since you're running a 7600, you may also consider an ES+20
or ES+40 line card, if the price is right, of course (watch
out for that v6 license).

Cheers,

Mark.