[c-nsp] 3750/3750E stack upgrade downtime?

Ryan Hughes rshughes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:33:20 EDT 2009

This was discussed a few months back on list. ISSU isn't supported on the
3750's and to be honest, quite a few people have issues with stacks as is.
Cisco is driving ISSU with the modular switching platforms
(4500/6500/Nexus). What Peter describes with using the 10G links on the -E
series is definitely less worrysome than relying on stackwise.

I personnally have good experiences with the 3750's and used them quite
extensively at a previous job, however I have run into situations of where
the stack loses its master when doing upgrades and/or adding switches to the
stack.

Ryan