[c-nsp] ATM on 7206 - PVC < 255 "BICI" ?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Mar 31 08:01:03 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 00:41:18 Jay Hennigan wrote:
> The provider referring to a "BICI" interface connection type.  Is there
> support for this on the 7206 platform or do we need to have them use VP
> of 255 or less?

The Broadband InterCarrier Interface, AFAIK, is only supported by Cisco on
their WAN ATM switches/concentrators (such as MGX 8900 and BPX 8600); but I
reserve the right to be wrong.  The LAN version, PNNI, is typically supported
switch-to-switch.  AFAIK, the PA's for 7200 only support UNI.  Catalyst
8500MSR and LightStream 1010 support PNNI, but not B-ICI (except for ATM to
Frame Relay Interworking, AFAIK).

> I found some reference to BICI on CCO but nothing specific.

Try with a dash: B-ICI.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer