[c-nsp] Redundant switch fabric

Brad Hedlund brhedlun at cisco.com
Tue Mar 31 13:14:03 EDT 2009

Justin / Mike,

When performing ISSU on Nexus 7000 the interface modules only need to be
reset if the code you are upgrading to also requires an upgrade of the
module's EPLD (erasable programmable logic device).  This is not always
required.  So in many cases you can perform an ISSU upgrade with ZERO impact
to the interface modules.

The CLI will inform you if a software upgrade will be disruptive to the
interface modules before you proceed with the upgrade.

Additionally, you can check the Nexus 7000 EPLD Release Notes prior to an
upgrade so see if your new code will require any change to the EPLD.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_1/epld/epld_rn.html

Cheers,

Brad Hedlund
bhedlund at cisco.com