[c-nsp] L2TPv3 password keeps changing

Jared Gillis jared at corp.sonic.net
Tue Mar 31 19:44:40 EDT 2009

I'm seeing this behavior as well on a 7204VXR, and google only turns up two
threads on c-nsp that have no replies.
Is this expected? Is there a workaround?

Lars Lystrup Christensen wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> When configuring L2TPv3 on one of our routers, I've noticed that the
> password keeps changing all the time, even tough the configuration has
> not been altered.
>

> The router is a 1811 running 12.4(6)T11 Advanced IP Services.

Jared Gillis - jared at corp.sonic.net       Sonic.net, Inc.
Network Operations                        2260 Apollo Way
707.522.1000 (Voice)                      Santa Rosa, CA 95407
707.547.3400 (Support)                    http://www.sonic.net/