[c-nsp] Hub-Spoke QoS

Lala Lander sshafi at gmail.com
Sat May 9 05:45:54 EDT 2009

Hi Experts,

I have a quick question for you folks. I am looking for your experience/best
practices recommendation for Hub-Spoke QoS scenario.

Assume there is a hub site with 2 OC12s and 20 spoke sites with link speeds
ranging from DS3 to OC3. How are you going to configure QoS/Policing/Shaper
on hub site so it cannot overwhelm a DS3 or OC3 site with say like 100~200
Mbps traffic? I am looking for your suggestions how you are dealing with
link speed mismatches in WAN especially when I am dealing with OC12 and DS3
links.

thanks in advance,
Lala