[c-nsp] 6500 12.2(33)SXI vrf dhcp-relay

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:28:49 EDT 2009

Anyone run into issues with ipv4 dhcp relay between vrfs on 6500s running
12.2(33)SXI?

The vrfs are configured for route-leaking, so there is routing between them.
Client in one vrf, dhcp server in another. Appropriate "ip helper-address"
configured. Initial client dhcp discover is relayed to the dhcp server,
server responds with an offer, but client doesn't receive it. At present the
vrfs are on the same PE. Not sure if that is significant.

I can't believe dhcp relay doesn't work in this scenario, so I must be doing
something stupid...

Tim:>