[c-nsp] ASR - visiblity of egress LSR in IP traceroute

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue May 12 12:42:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

We have an ASR (1004) in our network. I've noticed that traceroutes
that exit the L3VPN on the ASR don't have the ASR as an IP hop. I
understand what is causing it, but the 7301s don't seem to exhibit the
same behaviour.  We would like to have this functionality mainly for
debugging and troubleshooting proposes.

We've tried to enable one label per vrf:

mpls label mode vrf CustomerXXX protocol all-afs per-vrf

but that didn't make a difference.
Is there a way to force the ASR to 'register' in the trace the same
way 7301 does?

kind regards
Pshem