[c-nsp] Nexus 5000?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sun May 17 08:12:19 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:28:03AM -0400, Dan Armstrong wrote:
> How did you get your ASR1002 to link at 100M?
[...]
> This port has a GLC-T in it, and is plugged into a 100M Port on an
> ME3400...  I can't get it up. :-)

I just discovered:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/quick/start/guide/asr1_qs2.html#wp64385

See the note below the table:

"**The built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports on the Cisco ASR1002 Router
support the same small form-factor pluggable (SFP) optical transceivers
as the 5x1 GE SPA. Note that the Cisco ASR1002 built-in GE ports support
only the SFP-GE-T but not the SFP-GLC-T."

So using GLC-T instead of SFP-GE-T is a non-starter. I guess it's the
SGMII thing referenced in my former reply.

Best regards,
Daniel