[c-nsp] OT: Cisco WAAS Setup Scenario

Tolstykh, Andrew ATolstykh at integrysgroup.com
Mon May 18 17:00:09 EDT 2009

>>If the WAE at the head office accelerates traffic going to a spoke
site
>>without a WAE, would the traffic be dropped?

No

>>If the hub site receives non-accelerated traffic from spoke sites
without
>>WAE, would the head office WAE drop the traffic?

No

Cisco WAAS is also transparent in the sense that accelerator appliances
can use auto-discovery to determine whether a peer accelerator is
available at the other end of the link. After auto-discovery, a pair of
accelerators can auto-negotiate an acceleration policy to be applied to
the application flow. If a peer accelerator is not discovered, the
application flow passes through unchanged.

HTH,
Andrew