[c-nsp] ip tcp mss on sup720

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 19 05:51:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 03:28:22AM +0100, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
>And even if the command exists, there is no such feature on the PFC
>AFAIK, so the 6500 would be turned into a 7200...

Not quite true. I believe the feature works by punting the SYN & SYN/ACK
to the sup for modification of the MSS TCP option, then installing a
higher-priority netflow entry, leaving the rest of the flow to be
hardware-forwarded.

So it'll certainly incur a CPU load, but it's dependent on the session
rate, not the packet rate.