[c-nsp] PFC QOS question about 802.1Q trunks

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Tue May 19 12:35:49 EDT 2009

I can't answer your question about the default DSCP value without
lab-ing it, but as to the second part: yes, it's generally a good
practice to either pick a bogus/dummy VLAN for your native, or to
apply the command "vlan dot1q tag native" to force it to apply a tag
even on the native VLAN.

If you need the native VLAN untagged, like to present a potential
trunk port as an access port for untagged hosts, then "trust cos"
might be inappropriate.

Like you I would expect the DSCP to default to zero, but maybe someone
else has the answer...

-Geoff