[c-nsp] IP Tunneling Question

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Tue May 19 16:20:33 EDT 2009

All,

I'm looking to setup a VPN with a couple colocation providers who are
friends of mine, and have some under utilized address space. They are
supporting some security research I am doing (a darknet/honeynet). [1]

I am exploring different options to utilize that IP space on my lab
servers.

How do folks typically accomplish IP tunneling? IPSEC tunnels? Do you
use GRE? What about OpenVPN?

I can easily setup any of the above mentioned approaches as howtos
abound. Just wondering if there is anything to consider for this
scenario to reduce overhead and packet molestation as much as possible.

Thanks.

[1] If more information is desired please see my blog at
http://cnwccxx.blogspot.com/ I'll be posting there on various
visualization tools and methodologies etc.