[c-nsp] netflow sampling

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Tue May 19 17:37:21 EDT 2009

> I see. Thanks. Do you know of any 'non-sampled' implementation (by vendor)
> or deployment (network) where all traffic is accounted for? What would you
> normally use for a more accurate  accounting/billing?Thanks,

Cisco 6500/7600 as far as I know always does non-sampled netflow in
hardware - then the netflow may or may not be sampled before export,
depending on your configuration. There have been lots of discussions
about 6500/7600 netflow on this list.

If I had to do traffic/volume-based accounting/billing I would probably
base it on normal per-interface SNMP statistics

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no