[c-nsp] OT: 871W config

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed May 20 21:55:57 EDT 2009

I've got an off-topic plea.  I'm trying to configure a simple little
871W as a CE that I need to deploy next week.  The wifi on this thing is
kicking my ass.  881Ws are completely different than their 871W
ancestors.  881Ws have a logically separate internal AP that you
basically session into.  The 871W's radio is integrated into the
router's config itself.  I can't for the life of me get wifi sub-ints to
bridge onto the SVIs that I'm using on the wired side (3x VLANs: data,
voice, and guest).

I found a config guide online that showed SVIs configured with nothing
but the bridge-group commands, BVIs corresponding to those bridge-groups
where all the L3 config now resides, and then normal Dot11Radio sub-ints
with matching bridge-groups.  However doing this and putting the
bridge-group commands on the SVIs breaks the wired connectivity (and
doesn't make wifi work anyway).

Does anyone have a working config for a 871W that they wouldn't mind
sharing off-list?  This should be a trivially minor config and for some
reason it's thoroughly stumping me.

Thanks
  Justin