[c-nsp] ebgp load balancing using maxiumu-paths TCAM impact on Sup720-3BXL?

Ibrahim Abo Zaid ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com
Thu May 21 05:34:00 EDT 2009

Hi Peter

If 2 upstream provider provides exactly same routes with same attributes so
BGP will select 2 routes to each destination then TCAM will reach its
maximum as installed BGP routes will be doubled but if some destination are
preferely reachable from one of them and 2nd route will be backup route , so
BGP routes won't be doubled but that depends on percentage

but if you have exactly the same routes from both of them , why u don't use
default ? otherwise u will have to upgrade Sup .

best regards
--Ibrahim