[c-nsp] C4K_PKTPROCESSING-5-NOTAPPLYINGACL

Ibrahim Abo Zaid ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com
Thu May 21 10:52:38 EDT 2009

Hi David

from Cisco

Error Message    C4K_PKTPROCESSING-5-NOTAPPLYINGACL:Not applying
[input/output] Acl
for packet [packet-info]

Explanation    The software has not taken the ACL actions because it could
not determine the correct ACL entry indicated by the hardware. The
hardware-provided index of the ACL content addressable memory (CAM)
indicates that the software needs to take the actions for the entry at that
index. If the packet was queued in the hardware before being processed by
the software, the index is out-of-date.
Recommended Action    This message is informational only. No action is
required.

the only thing i am wondering about is ACL HW-Index is temp and has
expiration timer ?

so do have any QoS policy applied at the same interface ? do u have any CPU
problem on this gear ?

best regards
--Ibrahim

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM, David Freedman <david.freedman at uk.clara.net