[c-nsp] 3560 cpu load question

Cord MacLeod cordmacleod at gmail.com
Thu May 21 19:20:31 EDT 2009

It sits in the middle of a network.  Below are layer 2 2960 switches
at the top of rack which the machines plug in to.  Above are routers
announcing BGP default at it in the confederation.  The machines use
the 3560 to traverse vlans, it is also the root switch in spanning
tree and has around 110 inbound acls applied on the interface leading
to the edge routers.  As far as STP is concerned, the topology never
changes so we can rule out convergence.

That's every function the switch is performing.  These spikes are
abnormal spikes, and they do not show up on my graphs, nor can I find
the process causing them.  There is no correlation I find between the
CPU spikes and any network traffic.