[c-nsp] Interface descriptions - what do you put in?

Muhammad Salman Zahid gregariouspearl at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:56:33 EDT 2009

Try the following as well.

*** [Client Name] [Media] [Data/Internet] [BW] ***
You can easily judge all the general relvants in "sh int desc" command.

In your core you can use the following:

*** Connected to [BOX] [Port] ***

MSZ

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Engelhard Labiro
<engel.labiro at gmail.com>wrote:

> Pete,
> for WAN connection we put the Provider name and circuit number,
> for LAN connection we put the hostname of the other end and its
> interface number.
>
> HTH,
> Engel
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Pete Templin <petelists at templin.org>
> wrote:
> > List,
> >
> > What do you put into your interface descriptions?  Do you document
> circuit
> > ID, far-end equipment/port, near-end equipment/port, and/or anything
> else?
> >
> > Pete

"Death is no the greatest loss in life ....
The greatest loss is what dies inside
 you while U live...!"