[c-nsp] WCCPv2 - what happens to existing connections when redirect-list is modified?

Brad Hedlund brhedlun at cisco.com
Fri May 22 21:53:12 EDT 2009

Dale,

One thing you could do to make this transition hitless would be to first
apply "No Optimization" policies in your WAAS appliances for the flows in
question (VoIP call signaling).

Once this is done any new flows will go into "pass through" mode on WAAS
while existing flows are still optimized.  When all existing flows
eventually close you have no optimized connections for this traffic and you
can at this point apply your WCCP redirect list with no impact -- result #2.

Cheers,

Brad Hedlund
bhedlund at cisco.com
http://www.internetworkexpert.org