[c-nsp] HSRP on Sub-interface

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Tue May 26 02:55:38 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I know that theoretically it's supposed to be working but I must be sure it does before I implement it.
I have two 7200VXR and I want to make one of the Gigabit interfaces to receive a trunk from the switch and create two sub-interfaces line the following example:

Current config:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
 ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0 secondary
 standby 0 ip 1.1.1.1
 standby 0 ip 2.2.2.1 secondary
!

New desired config:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1.100
 encapsulation dot1q 100
 ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
 standby 0 ip 1.1.1.1
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1.200
 encapsulation dot1q 200
 ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0
 standby 1 ip 2.2.2.1
!

So my question is: will this work for sure?

TIA
Ziv