[c-nsp] strange behavior over MPLS network - remote desktop won't work

Chris Hale chale99 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 17:04:57 EDT 2009

Should be at least 1500.  I have forced the FastE ports between the two
cisco 7206's at POP H to use I have a server at POP "H" connected to an agg
switch that is connected to the 7206 on the left of POP H.  The server is
only connected via FastE, but the results are 1500 MTU:

tracepath:
     Resume: pmtu 1500 hops 4 back 4

This tracepath is to the CE WAN port.  All traffic from 7206's to CE is via
VLANs through wireless bridges.  All traffic between POPs is over GE ports
in NPE-G1.

Using IOS 12.4(15)T5 on 7206's, FYI.

The mpls MTU over the gige wireless backbone between the POPs was MTU1500.
I will change that to 1538 and see what happens.

Thanks,
Chris