[c-nsp] is L2TPv3 right for me?

Yan Filyurin yanf787 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 07:58:39 EST 2009

I would agree with that and I was testing it some time ago and tests involved ISRs, 7206-G1 and 10720 and 10720 was the only device that could do this and even Cisco was surprised.  L2TPv3 is not supported in hardware of most devices and in case of 10720 it just had enough processing power. With larger frames, the throughput would increase as, there would less packets to encapsulate, but I never saw with 1400 byte frames anything that went beyond 100 Mbps. EoMPLS might be a better choice (still not sure about G1) and they might just bring L2TPv3 to ASR one day, if they unless they already did.