[c-nsp] Cisco vs. Juniper

Mackinnon, Ian Ian.Mackinnon at atosorigin.com
Mon Nov 2 10:14:47 EST 2009

Hi Jay,

In the past I have compared M7i with ASR1k

The major comparison seemed to be that for about the same sort of money
Cisco gave you a box with 4 Gig interfaces present whilst J gave you
one, and adding more was very expensive.

Throughputs would have been about the same, and one thing that bit us on
the Juniper side was you can't hope to use Netflow in a real environment
without an expensive services PIC.

Ian