[c-nsp] ASA VPN best practices request

Jonathan Brashear Jonathan.Brashear at hq.speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 2 11:52:41 EST 2009

One of my current projects at work is to overhaul the configs on the customer firewalls, specifically the ASA 5500 series.  I'm trying to adapt & standardize current config templates especially the implementation side & even more specifically how we handle NAT & VPN setups.  If anyone has suggestions on best practices of how to implement standard builds on VPNs(both client & clientless) running in a NATed environment(common pitfalls to avoid, etc.) or good sites dealing with this beyond the Cisco KB/forums, I'd appreciate it.

Network Engineer, JNCIS-M
http://www.speakeasy.net