[c-nsp] Linux VPN client suggestion?

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Tue Nov 3 16:01:06 EST 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Brandon Ewing wrote:

> I believe the Anyconnect client is supported on Linux installs.  Anyconnect
> is supported on 8.x software versions, and Anyconnect Essentials
> (Client-based tunnels only, no clientless SSL, supported in 8.2) licenses
> are available for a low cost.
>
> If your supported user count is low, and you do not currently utilize any
> Anyconnect SSL slots, the base license allows a maximum of two active
> Anyconnect clients without additional license purchase.
>
> --
> Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)

I'm still on old PIXes here, but looking to the future (and I'm a linux
guy) I found Openconnect.

http://www.infradead.org/openconnect.html

>From what I've read the Cisco Anyconnect client for Linux suffers problems
again, not kernel level but SSL / library / 32/64 bit issues.  Openconnect
reads like it's a lot cleaner than all the workarounds to get Anyconnect
working.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: