[c-nsp] BPDU Guard issue

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Wed Nov 4 06:11:13 EST 2009

On 03/11/2009, at 5:25 PM, Stanly Johns wrote:

> Is it possible for a BPDU guard enabled switch port to get disabled
> without
> connecting any other device than the IP Phone and a PC ? I had to do
> a shut
> and no shut to bring it up !
> The logs are as follows. your inputs are highly appreciated.

you had a loop on a portfast port, BPDU guard prevented that from
causing it to melt your network down.
you should be thankful.

i've seen loops caused by all sorts of things.  some virtualization
software does it.  some vendors' iLO ports can be bridged with a non-
iLO port, and some teaming/"failsafe" NIC drivers can do it.

my suggestion is to find out the root cause and fix that.

cheers,

lincoln.