[c-nsp] Cisco vs. Juniper

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Wed Nov 4 08:49:52 EST 2009

#######
The MX-FPC swallows two whole DPC slots. In an MX240, that's
just a waste of time. You're better of getting an M120 or
M40e (M40e if you don't need STM-64/OC-192).

This makes the MX480 or MX960 more appealing when used with
the MX-FPC. But then, that's not in the same space as the
ASR1000 series anymore.
#########

Really?  The price difference between a 240 and 480 has
always made me wonder why someone wouldn't just buy the
480.  The difference is small.

We'll have to wait and see what the answer is going to
be to the ASR.  I suspect it will be the SRX, because
of the integrated services and flow-based QoS.