[c-nsp] Restricting VPN connections to company hardware?

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 12:42:31 EST 2009

Hi,
    I've been googling but not finding much although I think I'm probably
formulating my search incorrectly so I'm hoping for some pointers here.
    I use ASA 5520 hardware to provide VPN services to end users with Cisco
VPN clients and some L2L sessions.  We've been finding that folks are
configuring IPhones and other non approved devices to attach to the network.
What's the best method to certify that end users are connecting with
approved devices only?  Is there a good way say for me to allow company
provided laptops but not allow clients from home machines where users
duplicate their profile or non-certified end devices like pocket PC devices?
I understand how to filter based on client type but this doesn't prevent
someone from copying their profile file from one machine to another.   Any
pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott