[c-nsp] NAT/PAT appliance recommendations

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Nov 5 12:25:20 EST 2009

I'm looking for recommendations for a device to NAT/PAT so that we can move our wireless network to private IP address space.

We have approximately 1500 wireless clients on one wireless network and about 500 clients on the other (our campus is separated by a river).

One wireless network has six wireless controllers each four 1 Gb/s connections, the other has five wireless controllers. Those interfaces are nowhere near saturated, but we will be adding  another 900 AP's to the network and moving to 802.11N.

All traffic from the wireless clients will be NAT'ed.

Thanks.
-Neil

--
Neil Johnson