[c-nsp] OT: ASA rant was : RE: NAT/PAT appliance recommendations

Michael Balasko Michael.Balasko at cityofhenderson.com
Thu Nov 5 13:47:08 EST 2009

I second the ASA's to do this.

Although I'd disagree with the ASA's having evolved from the pix's. All
Cisco has appeared to do is install more bugs and try to out-do IOS and
Windows ME for the buggiest OS's ever. That being said I am warming up
to 7.2 train.

One of my new favorite bugs- Editing an Object Group causes the ASA to
crash. This seems to be something that should have been vetted.
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method
=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsy71401

That being said things are infinitely more complicated than they were
back in the oh-how-I-miss-my-Pix-520 days.

Mike