[c-nsp] 3750G vs. Nexus for a SAN

Flint, Chris CFlint at mt.gov
Fri Nov 6 14:34:58 EST 2009

Hi Jason,

I'd second the recommendation for a 4948 instead of a 3750E.  The 3750E has issues pushing large flows of traffic that the 4948 doesn't have.  From what I've seen on the list, the 3750E is built to be a fast desktop aggregation switch, and the 4948 is built for server aggregation.

Also, the Nexus 5010's only offer 8 ports of 1G or 10G, and the rest are 10G only.

Chris

Message: 4