[c-nsp] Catalyst Blade Switch 3012 inband management?

Justin C Darby jcdarby at usgs.gov
Mon Nov 9 19:22:58 EST 2009

Enable protected mode on the AMM, then 'platform chassis-management
protected-mode' on your switch. The switch will require a reload and sever
the fastethernet management ports automatically.

We do this all the time here. :) Note that this seriously breaks any
existing configuration in some circumstances (which I won't get to here). I
strongly suggest you use the provided stacking cables at least between two
switches in one Bladecenter chassis if your switch does stacking (I use
3110x's, mostly, so it's required to get 10GbE uplink redundancy).

Justin