[c-nsp] Network design change

shadow floating nadengine at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:58:32 EST 2009

Hi All,
My company has two sites in to 2 different locations that are
connected via high speed link at the core layer ( I've attached a
diagram in question.jpg for ease of explanation)
in each site I've 1 DMZ , the network team wants to connect the DMZ
switches in both sites for better performance and "security" - the
link under investigation is shown in red in the picture -   via high
speed link without passing at all by the core network layer, as they
say that will aid more in the replication between server A and backup
server A in the DMZs and also this will help if any of the 2 firewalls
had failure to access both DMZs from any firewall.
Is that better from security point of view?

appreciating your great help and advice
thanks alot

Regards,
Nad