[c-nsp] Catalyst Blade Switch 3012 inband management?

Eric Girard egirard at focustsi.com
Tue Nov 10 09:48:27 EST 2009

I'm don't think there is a big gain, but typically the OA tends to just get cabled back into the chassis switch anyways so the management VLAN is already there, and I have seen the internal switch inside the OA go bad before.  I've also seen it be a political issue between the server team and the network team, so it's just easier to keep it separate.  The console issue is interesting, because the MDS 9124 has the internal console, but the switches do not.

Eric