[c-nsp] Cisco 800 stops forwarding layer 3 via switchport

n00dles at nix-jutsu.net n00dles at nix-jutsu.net
Tue Nov 10 11:42:50 EST 2009

Hello all,

We have a strange issue between PIX 501's running and our 800 series
routers, we are using verious 800s with a spread of IOS versions. The
problem manifests itself as a drop of connectivity between the two
devices, that being we lose layer 3 forwarding out of the switch-port
module on the 800.

We are of the opinion we have ethernet connectivity between devices as
the mac-address table is being populated after being cleared, and
linkstate show up/up but we cannot ping, nor can the device ARP for
the PIX.

Static ARP entrys also no not fix the issue, the only way we have found
so far to fix the problem is to reboot the 800.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before?

Regards

--
								_
Chris Nicholls				 ASCII ribbon campaign ( )