[c-nsp] RSA and rancid

Mark Meijerink mark.meijerink at sara.nl
Tue Nov 10 13:14:26 EST 2009

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to combine RSA tokens to authenticate to devices and use rancid to make backups of my device
configuration.

The RSA tokens use radius as authentication method. The problem is that rancid is an automated process and the rancid
process is not able to watch on a RSA token and fill in the authentication key. This sounds a bit strange but I don't
know any other way to describe the problem.

Is anyone of you using RSA tokens and rancid? If so, please explain how you make this work. Thanks in advance for your
comments.

Regards,
 Mark