[c-nsp] Cisco 800 stops forwarding layer 3 via switchport

n00dles at nix-jutsu.net n00dles at nix-jutsu.net
Thu Nov 12 04:12:46 EST 2009

On Tuesday, 10 November 2009 at K:13:13 -0600, Jesse Alexander wrote:
> I have seen this issue happen with a customer 800 series, and I think there
> were just too many IP's for it to handle.  If I remember correctly, they
> were using an 871.  In my case, we think it couldn't handle a /22 (I think
> it was a /22, it was a couple of years ago).
Each site of which there a large number(a chain of hotels) each has a
/27, we are currently seeing the issue on 10-15 sites randomly. I'm
doubtful that the kit is unable to handle the load.

> The customer would be fine for a period of time (a few hours or less), then
> would not be able to reach the world until they rebooted it.  Because we
> didn't manage the 800, we had no visibility to it, so I cannot tell you
> the specific reason.  Because the issue went away after he customer
> upgraded their hardware, we can only assume that the 800 was insufficient
> for their needs.
Our customer wont consider swaping kit out, your experiance sounds more
advanced than ours we are only seeing the issue sporadicly.

> -Jesse

---end quoted text---

--
								_