[c-nsp] C6K, SUP720, 12.2(33)SXI, CoPP, glean

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 13 05:18:17 EST 2009

Tim Durack wrote:
> Anyone know how glean traffic behaves on a Sup720 with CoPP configured?

Glean traffic is matched against CoPP. This is "by design" according to
the (fairly clued up sounding) TAC engineer I spoke to.

As you've discovered, this is irritating.

> We have gradually locked down our CoPP config, to the point that our
> final class is a default deny for any unclassified traffic.
> Unfortunately this has the unwanted side-effect of dropping glean
> traffic, with the knock-on effect of some arp resolution problems.
>
> In our tests, it appears that configuring an explicit class-default
> works around this, but I can't find any documentation. So far TAC
> hasn't come up with anything either.

Really? Hmm. So you have a config where glean traffic is *not* being
matched by CoPP? Can you share the exact config?

I will unicast you the SR# of my case; perhaps the TAC engineers can
collude to produce a response clarifying.