[c-nsp] Device for mapping IPv6 to IPv4-addresses

Lars Lystrup Christensen llc at dansketelecom.com
Fri Nov 13 09:26:16 EST 2009

Hi Andreas

I would suggest an ugly a NAT-PT device, capable of doing both v4 and v6. However, there is no guaranties of the serverpart working correctly, as you might have the same issues as with IPv4 NAT.

You should be able to do the NAT on any Cisco router capable of doing IPv6 and NAT. Don't use L3 switches, as they might not support this to satisfactory.

Take a further look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/ip6-nat_trnsln_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Lars Lystrup Christensen
Implementerings-/NOC-tekniker, CCIE(tm) #20292

Danske Telecom A/S
Park Allé 350A
2605 Brøndby