[c-nsp] 3550 IOS

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Nov 13 09:31:23 EST 2009

I was looking at updating software on a 3550 recently and noticed the very
latest 12.2SE code claims to only run on the 3550-24-DC.  Is this because
the 3550-24-DC was for some reason excluded from the EOS/EOL announcement
for the rest of the 3550 family (for which End of Software Maintenance was
May 2007)?  IIRC, 122-44.SE6 is the last IOS for the generic 3550 family,
while there are versions up to 122-52.SE that claim to be for the
3550-24-DC only.  These later versions do seem to work on 3550's other
than the 3550-24-DC, but I suppose they're just not officially supported
(or officially unsupported)?