[c-nsp] SRC5, And The BFD Bug Remains :-( - *sigh*

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Nov 14 13:35:59 EST 2009

So after chasing this thing since SRC, and having gone
through all the various rebuilds until now, I'm not proud to
say that the evil BFD + watchdog nmi timeout bug persists.

It wasn't but just a day ago that an NPE-G1 we upgraded to
SRC5, and on which we enabled BFD in the hopes that that bug
had finally been found and fixed (TAC confirmed it is fixed
in SRC5 - like it was in SRC1 to SRC4 - as well as other IOS
branches sharing this platform-independent code),
experienced an uncommanded reboot citing a watchdog timeout.
Just like before.

Oh well, no BFD on those, then. And something tells me even
by SRC10 (should the code base last that long), Cisco will
not have found a solution for it.

What quality networking, we have these days...

Mark.