[c-nsp] Kron

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sun Nov 15 10:41:32 EST 2009

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009, Mohammad Khalil wrote:

> i have configured kron to backup my configuration files and all is working fine
> now i want to take ping values and store it in a file on the TFTP server
> but the command for example ping y.y.y.y| redirect tftp://x.x.x.x/PING is incorrect
> so how is the way to do that ??

The file "PING" on your TFTP server needs to exist and it needs to have
the correct permissions to allow writing.  The other question is related
to the use of recording the ping results.  If you're keeping them as
documentation of a specific link or router being reachable, that's one
thing, but if you plan to record them for some kind of performance
measurement, those numbers might be of limited value at best.

I'm also not sure that the syntax you have above will work.

jms