[c-nsp] SUP2 boot problem

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Nov 16 13:55:16 EST 2009

Jonas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Im trying to upgrade an old SUP2.
> I can boot 12.1.27 from bootflash: without problem.
> When I do reload from IOS with 12.2.18 and boot from disk0: it will give
> the error below and stay i rommon. disk0: is a 64MB flash disk.

Is your 12.1.27 image a hybrid image or native image?  You probably need
to boot into some sort of native image, then format disk0: and TFTP your
IOS image onto the disk0:.  It needs to be formatted from within IOS
(and presumably native IOS) to be readable at boot time, AFAIK.

Pete (who just did some native conversions last week)