[c-nsp] BDF over port-channels?

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Nov 17 11:50:33 EST 2009

On 2009-11-17 15:12, Gert Doering wrote:

> (Which makes some sort of sense, *iff* the BFD-handling is done in the
> line card - where it belongs, to be independent of whatever load the
> main CPU is having.  OTOH, I don't think normal 6500 LAN cards are smart
> enough to run BFD locally.  So whatever...)

You're right. The current 6500 LCs don't have capability to run BFD
in fully distributed mode. All BFD-bound functionality is job of the
active Supervisor.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end. |                  Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end. |       http://lukasz.bromirski.net