[c-nsp] BDF over port-channels?

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Tue Nov 17 12:35:26 EST 2009

According to Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/configuration/guide/irp_bfd.html#wp1054055

For the following Cisco IOS Releases, BFD on PortChannel is not a supported configuration:
12.2SXF, 12.2SRC, and 12.2SRB.

Also there is CSCek67622:
BFD should not be configurable on etherchannel intf
Symptoms: The bfd interval command is accepted on
EtherChannel and EtherChannel member interfaces.

Conditions: This symptom is observed on a Cisco router while BFD is not
supported on EtherChannels.

Workaround: Do not enter the bfd interval command on
EtherChannel and EtherChannel member interfaces.

It's still not clear whether it's supported on SRD (and ES cards) or will be supported in
the future...

--
Tassos

luismi wrote on 17/11/2009 14:20:
> I wrote it in a previous email but here is again :D
>
> 7200 npe-g2 and 7600 rsp720-pfc3
>
> I am using 12.2SRC but it is not supported there an I would like to know
> if it is supported in another train.
>
> El mar, 17-11-2009 a las 11:09 +0100, Gert Doering escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:01:48AM +0100, luismi wrote:
>>> I see a message like "BDF not supported over port-channels" in my
>>> routers.
>> Which IOS version is that?  On what platform?
>>
>> You could be a bit more proactive in your questions... this makes it
>> much easier to give meaningful responses, really... :-)
>>
>> gert

Tassos