[c-nsp] Issues with Cisco Catalyst 4900M

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Wed Nov 18 15:27:48 EST 2009

Hi all,

Anybody out there running into CPU exhaustion issues on this box (or a
non-fixed-configuration Sup6E, ...), linked to the "low priority"
management process and its dependencies?

I'm specifically tracking CSCta54369 ("High CPU caused due to
K5AclCamStatsMan hw process") along with CSCta77487 ("High cpu in K5L3
review jobs with incomplete arps and big routing table").

Cisco's troubleshooting guide[1] provides an interesting top-level
overview of the architecture, though stops short of dispensing
meaningful configuration pointers, assuming they exist.

I've got a TAC case going, meanwhile any clues and/or experiences from
the field, on- or off-list, would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks in advance,
-a

[1] http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a00804cef15.shtml