[c-nsp] ASA IPSec weirdness

Jan Gregor jan.gregor at chronix.org
Thu Nov 19 09:44:26 EST 2009

Hello,

Ryan West wrote:
> Jan,

You got it almost right. Problem was that remote endpoind tried to
establish the vpn with different local proxy, unknown to asa. This
caused mismatch in all crypto map instances and fell into VPN Client
map. Since both phase 1 and phase 2 policies were same for both L2L VPN
and VPN Clients, association established "ok", which pretty efectivelly
disabled any further IPSec associations to the same peer :).
Since the ASA is doing VPN connection to multiple sites, it was quite
some reading through debug logs, but "debug crypto isakmp 255" really
did the trick.
Many thanks.

Best regards,

Jan Gregor